We are looking for people who have a real interest in blogging about topics related to the hotel and travel industry – and if you feel you could offer a valuable contribution, please provide us with your title/topic suggestion. These suggestions can include any of the following and also anything you feel that would add value to our readership:
1. ‘Top 5’ tips are usually a popular approach to adapt and this can include tips relating to destination choice, hotels, best food/drink hotels to visits etc.
2. Spending time with the family
3. Experiencing events in a particular city to then relax in one of many hotels located throughout the globe. (Highlight the attractive of a city and relate it to a hotel)
This can obviously be expanded to include a variety of other topics; however this will help provide an impression of what type of creative posts we expect. The idea is to capture the opinions of those who have visited these places; offer a nice insight or generally something that will add value to the reader who will in turn become interested in travelling/visiting that particular area.
To contact us, either fill out the contact form or approach us via twitter. To help us identify a guest post query/request from other emails, we would ask if you could write ‘Guest Post’ as the subject line to become a guest blogger for Lodging World.
To help get your post published quickly, we will happily accept posts which meet the following criteria.
Guest Post Guidelines
1. It has to be 100% unique and seen nowhere else throughout the web (we do check)
2. To help deliver a topical post which provides a valuable contribution to a reader, we would like posts to exceed 500 words – however, more importantly if they are useful, interesting and well written this will compensate any lack of depth or too much if that may be the case.
3. As mentioned, posts need to be original – any content which has unimaginative titles will simply be rejected and sent back for editing. We aren’t applying this rule to make it difficult, but in the long term it will benefit your site as interesting titles/topics capture a readers interest making it an ideal option to generate links, gain tweets or deliver more referral traffic to your site.
4. You can include an author bio which contains a link back to your site – and within the content you include up to 2 links back to your site; while other informative/educational links which link to other sites can be used as long as it supplements the reader’s interest.
5. When sending us the post, please attach it in either a notepad or word format – HTML formatting is not essential, but to help provide a quicker turn around, this would be preferred. Help us to help you!
6. We do recommend including images as they act as a good method to attract visitors to click onto your post – but remember, please make sure you include a URL which includes where it was sourced from.